Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Entry Removal Requests - speedchops - Reply to topic

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:11 am   Reply with quote         

This is the explanation I found on speedchops, on this very site under "help" :

Basically it's just another contest, with the difference that advantaged people also have no access to the source until opening time. Everybody is treated equal, just like when this site started.

If advantaged people do no have access to it, how can there be entries then if the contest has not been opened ??

For instance : speedchop that opens on 21st September : 7 entries already.
speedchop that opens on 22/09 : 6 entries already.

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

I don 't understand how this works, can anyone tell me ? I wrote an e-mail to the "contact" address from this site, twice, but I did not get an answer ...

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:25 am   Reply with quote         

the first next speedchop is on october 8th. these are indicated with the title 'speedchop'

The ones you're referring too are 'normal' contests. The entries that are allready there for those are made by members who have an advantaged account (sources are available from now till 4 weeks further)

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing AnjaDD got me confused too! I thought what is he talking about? Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh, really, they are just "ordinary" contests ? Then why are they called speedchops ?
The explanation under "speedchop" in the help is not correct then ?

By the way, it's nice to find a Belgian here, ik ben namelijk ook van België, meer bepaald van Dendermonde Laughing Razz !!

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

AnjaDD wrote:
Oh, really, they are just "ordinary" contests ? Then why are they called speedchops ?
The explanation under "speedchop" in the help is not correct then ?

By the way, it's nice to find a Belgian here, ik ben namelijk ook van België, meer bepaald van Dendermonde Laughing Razz !!

the explanation is correct. usually, advantage members have access to the sources of an entire month, except a few sources, which are the speedchop sources. example, today is sunday, monday's entry can be viewed only by advantage members, so they see it, chop, and upload their entries while non advantage members CAN'T see it, therefore they CAN'T chop and CAN'T upload their entries.. tuesday's entry can only be seen by advantage members, so they see it, chop and upload their entries, BUT wednesday's entry is a speedchop entry, and can't be seen by advantage members, they only see it on wednesday when the contest opens, so they dont get to see it, they dont get to chop, they dont get to upoad their entries UNTIL the contest opens on wednesday.. and heres the difference.

janetdog

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         

AnjaDD wrote:

(with borat accent) At PSC, Belgians find you!

There are quite a few Belgians here...

I'm not one of them.

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

http://photoshopcontest.com/contests/active.html

It says the contests for 9/21 and 9/22 are Speedchops yet both currently have 8 entries. They shouldn't have any. I can't see what the Advantage calendar looks like right now, but is it possible that the dates are wrong somewhere?

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh, now I get it!!!!

What we have here, ladies and gentlemen, was a bug in the site. Wonder why this wasn't noticed any sooner... Ok, basicaly the title was changed there (from the original to 'speedchop') while it should only do that if it's actually a speedchop.

Fixed now.

Apologies for the confusion Smile

En inderdaad ne echte belg hier ook. Zitten er hier inderdaad niet zo veel van, alhoewel de laatste tijd er toch wel het een en ander bijkomt Smile Hoe meer hoe liever :p

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Entry Removal Requests - speedchops - Reply to topic