Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - AVATAR - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

rockyjob

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

gravyboat wrote:
I've been waiting to catch this since I saw the previews in October. It seemed like not the best story in the world, but I'm a real sap for well done CG. Smile

Ehh, I didn't think it wasn't a good story. I watched the premiere here in Brazil, just fantastic.. Go for it! Special effects, characters, conflicts, everything, just so planned and well done, I expected it to be great, it wasn't. It was EXCEPTIONAL! Really a movie that you get involved in. Hey, there was even an applause after the movie ended. Smile

YerPalAl

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:22 pm   Reply with quote         

OK Rey, tell us how you REALLY feel about it. Laughing

ReinMan, Marco, How about it?

dunno

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:15 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
OK Rey, tell us how you REALLY feel about it. Laughing

ReinMan, Marco, How about it?

I'm a bit worried if ReinBlue should have gone to 2h 40' movie. After all, he's not the youngest of us anymore. Confused

Marco, for sure, is blue now... might take a while before he can report. heh

Micose

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:27 am   Reply with quote         

thx for sharing bro..... i hope i will be able to watch it soon
Micose

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:29 am   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
Already got tickets to see it in 3D tomorrow
Smile

do we have yet the 3d version i wonder ...here...Canada.... i wanna buy the special glasses Razz
soulrock

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:41 am   Reply with quote         

The movie is also showing here! But!!!!!! O hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Insufficient fund! Maybe I'll buy pirated!
I think I will be the last one to watch this movie ......

Meaty

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:12 am   Reply with quote         

WOW, watched it last night. I wonder how many floating mountains we are going to see in the next few weeks Wink

sonic3

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

WOW the best movie i've seen this year!

Has to be seen at the cinema in 3D if you can.

Yeh it has a predictable story and yeh its a very long movie, but when its this good you just dont care Smile

Tarmac

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:17 pm   Reply with quote         

I can't see Avatar anytime soon, because I am currently neutropenic. Venturing into a crowded public theater would be very dangerous thing for me. So for the time being, I'll just listen to you all tell me how wonderful Avatar is with great envy.

I've noticed hollywood and the film industry are moving away from small budget niche productions for cinema and more towards high budget big spectaculars.

When the recession hit last year, the original plan by the studios was to make lots of small budget films, but that business model couldn't draw in enough ticket buying patrons, so the reverse is now true, in that we are going to see more big blockbuster type productions, probably one or two a year.

I'm personally waiting for James Cameron to do a remake or reinvention of the SciFi classic "Forbidden Planet", which was started as a project, I believe, two years ago.
Smile

sonic3

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm looking forward to the remake of 'Clash of the Titans'
It was one of my favourite movies when it came out and the remake is looking great.

ReinMan

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
sonic3 wrote:
Already got tickets to see it in 3D tomorrow
Smile

do we have yet the 3d version i wonder ...here...Canada.... i wanna buy the special glasses Razz

Yes. Yes we DO, Naiko!

And HOLY SHITE TO CHICAGO is this ever a FANTASTIC 2.4 hours!

Triple (blue) Thumbs UP! thumright thumleft cheers

The RAW CREATIVITY using some STANDARD plot lines tangled up with some JAW-DROPPING new ideas just makes me want to use BLOCK CAPITALS MORE THAN I EVER HAVE!!! bounce compress bounce

translation:
I liked it very much. reindeer

tophatpainter

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Very classic story. Sure the plot has been done (not too sure about the whole dances with wolves reference, don't remember any big corporations and I'm pretty sure the natives didn't win that one), but that's a pretty week criticism considering the magnitude of cg advances made in this movie. And I would have to say that the movie didn't just rely on its impressive $200 million budget. Or the facecl Cameron developed a special camera for shooting 3d, or the special headgear that was created for face capture. It was a believable plot, regardless of it having been pursued before. This technology (again, don't remember that from dances, though the native who plays the chief in avatar was in dances...) brings us one step closer to having limitless creativity in film. I'm exciting to see what is next.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:25 am   Reply with quote         

DAMN IT, BEEN POSTPOSED TIL MONDAY Laughing nooooooooooo

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:47 am   Reply with quote         

Just saw it this evening, I liked it a lot. It was just well done, nothing really to complain about for now. Also, for those that don't know, it's not a 3D film like you've grown up with, it doesn't pop out of the screen at you, it's more like the screen is a window that you're looking through, everything in it has depth. Easier to watch than traditional 3D films, although it might take your eyeballs a few minutes to learn to focus properly. Once you do, it isn't hard to watch at all.

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:03 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
Just saw it this evening, I liked it a lot. It was just well done, nothing really to complain about for now. Also, for those that don't know, it's not a 3D film like you've grown up with, it doesn't pop out of the screen at you, it's more like the screen is a window that you're looking through, everything in it has depth. Easier to watch than traditional 3D films, although it might take your eyeballs a few minutes to learn to focus properly. Once you do, it isn't hard to watch at all.

True - the 3D ADDED to the movie experience, instead of being a gimmick, and thus a distraction to the movie. Very breathtaking in spots - and only a few arrowheads poking out of the screen to make you duck! Wink

It's just a shame that everyone dies at the end. Sad

Shocked Oops! Shocked

Maybe I've said too much!! Razz Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - AVATAR - Reply to topic