Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - This is only for people who like music - Reply to topic

tophatpainter

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I just found this really cool free site (please please understand this is not a spam or a phish) called Groove Shark that kicks Pandora square in the nuts! You can actually build your own playlists in the system of any song or artist you might like, just like a personal iPod except you don't have to buy the music (it's streaming). If you're like me and like some music while you work, this is much better than Pandora surprising you with songs you wish it wouldn't and having to click on the pass or whatever. It is really fast and easy to use too. I have been listening for 30 minutes without hearing a single ad or a single pause while it looks for my song. I don't usually promote sites at all, and I'm not getting paid for this, but I know that people who work at their computer usually like a little something going on, so thought I would share. This site is just too cool not to share!

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:11 pm   Reply with quote         

tophatpainter wrote:
I just found this really cool free site (please please understand this is not a spam or a phish) called Groove Shark that kicks Pandora square in the nuts! You can actually build your own playlists in the system of any song or artist you might like, just like a personal iPod except you don't have to buy the music (it's streaming). If you're like me and like some music while you work, this is much better than Pandora surprising you with songs you wish it wouldn't and having to click on the pass or whatever. It is really fast and easy to use too. I have been listening for 30 minutes without hearing a single ad or a single pause while it looks for my song. I don't usually promote sites at all, and I'm not getting paid for this, but I know that people who work at their computer usually like a little something going on, so thought I would share. This site is just too cool not to share!

very cool and pretty fast. nice

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Tophat, you are now officially a legend, that site is my new best friend Very Happy, awesome Very Happy cheers Top

JORDAN792

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

very nice... I use Slacker radio the free version and it's very similar... Thanks

UntExp

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Grooveshark was cool, in Italy it's been closed Confused

Meaty

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Awesome, tophatpainter great share.

Tarmac

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Thank you tophatpainter for that great site! Smile

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:37 pm   Reply with quote         

well it must only mean visual ads, non of those annoying audio ads, or ones that have timers before the next song starts to stream, as I have been listening to quality tunage for nearly 2 and 1/2 hours non stop, and not a sausage of an annoying ad Very Happy

tophatpainter

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:14 pm   Reply with quote         

That' what I gathered too. There are the ads on the side bar, but I don't even notice those. Honestly, I'd take the ads that sound in if I can keep the ability to build my own playlist and save it for later. You can even upload songs to ad to the list or for other people to listen to. So very cool. Now, all I need is an app for my Hero phone and I'm set!

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks. Now why don't you chop something with your new (but quickly evaporating) advantage!
Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

Designed2522

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:01 pm   Reply with quote         

THis is great tophat thanks for sharing!!! Im currently listening to: One To Many Mornings- THe Chemical Brothers..... I f'n love this song!!!! how about you?

sage

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I used to use imeem, but have switched to Grooveshark, since imeem is now part of myspace.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - This is only for people who like music - Reply to topic