Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Claf: my work in 2009. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

nat_g31

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:06 am   Reply with quote         

Your work is awesome! I really appreciate that you share the files like that, u are truly a scholar and a gentleman. Now, maybe you have a shot of the girl in the aids ad from the front? Shocked Laughing

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:40 pm   Reply with quote         

sage wrote:
Great stuff, as usual, mon ami. Sucks about the lack of credit for your work.

BTW, Rey, I heard Claf gets the fun jobs only 'cause, apparently, he looks good in a skirt. That's how things seem to work here, in Montreal... You could get the fun jobs, too... although you'd probably have to shave your cleavage.

Thanks sage! Very Happy

But why have you revealed my little secret? I don't understand... Evil or Very Mad

BTW I'm also not bad with high-heeled shoes! Razz

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Meaty wrote:
Great work Claf, truely an inspiration to those who visit the boards, my fav has to be the milk one, for the simple reason that theres a mistake there that makes this all the more unique, you can see all the subtle changes in the psd, everything is spot on mate. Very much appreciated you showing us and giving me a kick up the backside Smile

OH! I said OH!Shocked

Are you talking about the cat reflection on the table? Surprised
We can still feel the ear of the original cat.
We usually don't make any test like a before/after look at image when we're working on a project. But the good thing this time is that without this before/after look it is not too obvious... nobody know there was another cat originally.
But I'm really surprised the photographer didn't see it.

Thanks Mike! Very Happy

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks again my friends! Smile

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:52 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
sage wrote:
Great stuff, as usual, mon ami. Sucks about the lack of credit for your work.

BTW, Rey, I heard Claf gets the fun jobs only 'cause, apparently, he looks good in a skirt. That's how things seem to work here, in Montreal... You could get the fun jobs, too... although you'd probably have to shave your cleavage.

Thanks sage! Very Happy

But why have you revealed my little secret? I don't understand... Evil or Very Mad

BTW I'm also not bad with high-heeled shoes! Razz

as long as you don't come in here with a bustier on, then everything will be alright..

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:34 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I get to work the same way with creatives and photographers but I am working on pictures of sandwiches. Confused Not as much fun.

I don't know what to say to help you. I know you have the talent to do any kind of job... the easiest to the hardest.

RR, you said last year "My full time job is mostly photo manip and retouching. All my freelance is illustration."
And you also said you work inside the ad agencies.

Maybe if you try to do more freelance photo manip than illustration by making some contacts with some photographers you never worked with before ... just find some great websites with creative stuff, and show them your portfolio & abilities.

I work at home and I think that gives me better opportunities... and a lot more freedom.
Few times, some companies or agencies were interested in my work and offered me full time jobs.
But I think being full time freelance artist surely helped me to built a better portfolio.

But that is not easy.
I can tell you how my partnership with one of the best photographer (Alain Desjean) started.
He is the photographer who took most of the pictures you saw on the 4 threads about my work.
I remember the first talks (2-3 times) with him. I talked to him about my interest to do only photo manipulation. But I had mostly nothing good to show him.
He knew and he saw I was a good illustrator. I was already working on Photoshop for 3 years, but I was mostly trying to find different illustration styles.
I think he probably thought I needed more experience... it took 2 years to have a call from him.
After this first contract we worked on together, he instantly saw all the possibilities I was able to bring him because of my experience as a hyperrealistic illustrator.
And since that time (early 2005), I'm working 75% of time on his projects.
Our partnership had surely an impact on the quality of the clients & work we have now. He's also more busy since we are working together.

I hope it can help... Smile

Oscar

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:00 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Claf, your work has giving me such good luck. Today I printed some of your images and glued them on me, I then went to work and my SWAG increased by %100 ...

Meaty

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:14 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
I get to work the same way with creatives and photographers but I am working on pictures of sandwiches. Confused Not as much fun.

I don't know what to say to help you. I know you have the talent to do any kind of job... the easiest to the hardest.

I work at home and I think that gives me better opportunities... and a lot more freedom.
Few times, some companies or agencies were interested in my work and offered me full time jobs.
But I think being full time freelance artist surely helped me to built a better portfolio.

But that is not easy.
I can tell you how my partnership with one of the best photographer (Alain Desjean) started.
He is the photographer who took most of the pictures you saw on the 4 threads about my work.
I remember the first talks (2-3 times) with him. I talked to him about my interest to do only photo manipulation. But I had mostly nothing good to show him.
He knew and he saw I was a good illustrator. I was already working on Photoshop for 3 years, but I was mostly trying to find different illustration styles.
I think he probably thought I needed more experience... it took 2 years to have a call from him.
After this first contract we worked on together, he instantly saw all the possibilities I was able to bring him because of my experience as a hyperrealistic illustrator.
And since that time (early 2005), I'm working 75% of time on his projects.
Our partnership had surely an impact on the quality of the clients & work we have now. He's also more busy since we are working together.

I hope it can help... Smile

Great insight there Claf, often wondered how people get into these positions, not that i would, I enjoy my carpentry to much to consider taking this on as a full time occupation, but im sure others will find this thread very inspirational. Thanks for the info mate.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Woah!! that is super Claf!! Thanks for the tip.

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Salut Claude, it is neat to be able to see how the software we all love using is professionally applied to other uses. I'll have to look at the psd files when I get a minute.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Claf: my work in 2009. - Reply to topic