Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 285945 users only 10 each day?! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

<senzotaku>

Post Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:30 pm   Reply with quote         

PSC has 285945 registered users in addition to an average of only ten entries nowadays, what happened... or what didn't happen? I received a private message to join another contestwebsite from a psc-member, since this place 'has been abandoned by the owners'. If this is the case, than what will happen if the site crashes... game over? I also read that there was no response to organize a reunion 2016 or H2H 2016. How is it possible, whats the true story, the owners just left this place... and the PSC-users are deserted, hoping for the best?

Who is responsible, someone already investigated this? I did some research:

WHOIS lookup:

• Domain Name: PHOTOSHOPCONTEST.COM
  • Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
  • Registrant Name: Ravinder Saundh
  • Registrant Phone: +91.911722601568
  • Registrant Email: alliance@expertrating.com
  • Registrant Organization: ExpertRating Solutions
  • Registrant Location: Technology Park in Chandigarh (a city and a union territory of India)

PSC Mods:

Procyon (Group Moderator), billtvshow, Eve, mightybeet, pscbuzz, rashdog, the202, TutorMe and vokaris.

PSC Developers:

Grefix (Group Moderator) billtvshow, Procyon, supak0ma, TofuTheGreat and TutorMe.

My English is not very great, anyone feel prompted to mediate?

Maybe there is a way to get PSC back on track again, like the good old days, otherwise it would be a pity.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:28 pm   Reply with quote         

It definitely seems the site has lost most of its interest. The contests are still going and have some participation, but everything else has come to a screeching halt.

I've messaged the site owner about the current state of the site and the interest in selling the site to someone who would be willing to put some work into it to bring it back to life, but have not heard anything. Perhaps the site is making enough money to sustain itself, but not enough to warrant putting any extra effort into it.

I believe that with the talent we once had here, some tweaks to the site, and some events, this site could be brought back to life. And I'm not sure about ditching PSC and going to an alternative site. While those sites may be great in their own right, there's just something about the community here that keeps me coming back. If this were to die, it would indeed be a sad day!

Confused

Luxwiz

Post Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:32 am   Reply with quote         

some info...

http://www.expertrating.com/

from their website:

April 2011: " ExpertRating acquires photoshopcontest.com from WebCurl, Canada. Photoshopcontest is the world's largest image manipulation competition website attracting over 10,00,000 visitors annually. PhotoshopContest.com (PSC) was created in late 2001 as a competitive play ground for graphic artists. The site has received a lot of media attention and was mentioned on the Howard Stern Radio Show, Yahoo (as a pick of the week) and TechTV's television show ScreenSavers as the Site of the Night."

however I still haven´t figured out exactly how many 10,00,000 visitors are Laughing

webcheck:

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/expertrating.com

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/expertrating.com

Post Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:35 am   Reply with quote         

<senzotaku> wrote:
Maybe there is a way to get PSC back on track again, like the good old days, otherwise it would be a pity.

SIMPLE. FIRST STEP, PSC HAS TO KICK OFF FROM THE SITE CRAP
LIKE THE STUPID Sh@iT!
HOW A NEWBIE CAN BE INTERESTED AT PLAYING HERE
WHEN THAT NEWBIE READ ALL THIS SHIT!?
THAT CAN BE A GOOD BEGINNING!
Cool

Post Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

A large number of registered users are most likely just web crawler bots.

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

am welling to buy it or being one of the owners here or admin . i really want to make it PSC back again .

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Bic9000

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I miss the old days Crying or Very sad

Post Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, so do I. But it's not like I have the time to play here any more. Crying or Very sad

blue_lurker

Post Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:32 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Yeah, so do I. But it's not like I have the time to play here any more. Crying or Very sad

SIGH Sad

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:39 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:

sadly quite accurate Confused

Luxwiz

Post Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:02 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

sadly quite accurate Confused

hey life´s not all fun and games,where are your priorities... I heard choppin reverses global warming so download a source image and get choppin,you owe it to our future generations damn it ! Laughing

<senzotaku>

Post Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:57 am   Reply with quote         

The forum user count is always around 100 users, thats never true I guess.

All user email is in the database, if PSC gives a week or a mount free advantage to get players back, it could be reviving I think.

Unfortunately some players don't have time to chop. Confused

I'm also wondering how the website generates money, I don't think all advantage memberships cover the weekly 50 dollar prize.

Post Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

<senzotaku> wrote:

I'm also wondering how the website generates money, I don't think all advantage memberships cover the weekly 50 dollar prize.

Smile

Post Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 285945 users only 10 each day?! - Reply to topic