Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - We wish you well - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:34 am   Reply with quote         

"For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews, Hindus and non-believers. We are shaped by every language and culture, drawn from every end of this Earth; and because we have tasted the bitter swill of civil war and segregation, and emerged from that dark chapter stronger and more united, we cannot help but believe that the old hatreds shall someday pass; that the lines of tribe shall soon dissolve; that as the world grows smaller, our common humanity shall reveal itself; and that America must play its role in ushering in a new era of peace."

"And to those nations like ours that enjoy relative plenty, we say we can no longer afford indifference to suffering outside our borders; nor can we consume the world's resources without regard to effect. For the world has changed, and we must change with it."
-President Obama

That was great! Very Happy

ReinMan wrote:
I doubt Barak will live up to even 20% of what he "hopes" to do.

Yes! I think you're right. But he will bring a huge contribution to what will become a better world. It will take time, it will be hard, but things will change for the best.

Smile

Mir

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:21 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="ReinMan"]
Gort wrote:

I doubt Barak will live up to even 20% of what he "hopes" to do. But with a country as powerful and full of potential as the USofAche, even 20% is so much better than we've had over the most part of the last 10 years.
reindeer

(Here, Blurker, take your soapbox back now dude. I'm done with it! Wink

I think it is now up to the American people to work with their President and together they can make things change for the better. One man alone cannot do it. But he can be the leader who will help his people move on to better things and that should help not just the US of A but many other countries too. I think what was wonderful about this inauguration was not just the speech full of hope but the people of different race and creed who gathered there and around the world watching together, hoping that this is the chance for better things to come. May this be true. Good Luck President Obama and may God go with you.

gravyboat

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:38 am   Reply with quote         

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
TheShaman

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:
He's a such a good and well trained speaker and I think he just gives people bunch of hope. I hope I'm wrong.

agreed to some extent. But when we're talking about stirring people to action.... A good and well trained speaker is what you'd like to have isn't it? Not someone who focuses on actions through fear.

Take myself for example, I'm a terrible speaker. I have a very hard time conveying my thoughts in a decent enough manner so that people don't take me for some sort of jerk, when all I'm trying to do is help. I was never a good public speaker nor a good motivator.

As President, he's basically our P.R. guy to the rest of the world. To be able to talk like he does and then listen to others ideas is refreshing. Like Gort said, I felt like we grew up a little yesterday. Makes me hopeful again for our country and how the rest of the world views us.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
yeah, yeah and YAY!
Presidential trivia...no cheatin'

What horse-loving future president cheated on an eye exam to join the cavalry reserves in the 1930s?

Who was the first daughter of a U.S. president to pose nude for a Playboy video?

Who revealed that the U.S. had a hydrogen bomb in his last State of the Union speech?

What former president was on an African hunting trip when his enemy J. P. Morgan quipped: "Let every lion do his duty"?

Which President purchased Alaska?

Who was the first President to live in the White House?

I'll give it a shot. And I didn't use google or anything

Teddy Roosevelt

I don't know

Umm....Truman?

Umm...Roosevelt?

McKinley, and Seward was his secretary of state, thus the nickname "Seward's Icebox"

Jefferson?

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
yeah, yeah and YAY!
Presidential trivia...no cheatin'

What horse-loving future president cheated on his wife to join Mr. Ed in the reserves? Shocked

Who was the first U.S. president to pose nude for a Playboy video? Shocked

Who revealed that the he had a burrito bomb in his last State of the Union speech? Confused

What former president was on an African mushroom trip when his enemy J. P. Morgan quipped: "Let every snail do his duty"? Cool

Which President purchased crack in Alaska? Razz

Who was the first President to jive in the White House? Laughing

Eva baby, these are too hard Rolling Eyes

There was not "1" arrest yesterday at the capitol, that was nice to see.
OK, a big part of Obama's success will depend on us, I'd like to think of this election as though you were working in a place where the boss was not a nice person, smile to your face but then stab you in the back, never having anything positive to give, beating you down with the lowest pay, never doing anything that made sense, a boss that only cared about making a profit for himself, someone that would belittle you any chance he could, making the job miserable, getting to the point where you didn't care, not wanting to go to work, not even caring if you got fired, then BOOM! A new boss comes in, he's positive, smart, funny, sincere, wants to stand by and help to make sure your needs are met, etc. etc. suddenly you want to work a little harder, you care about what your doing again, that's what it feels like to me, and it is better. Wink

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:07 pm   Reply with quote         

What horse-loving future president cheated on an eye exam to join the cavalry reserves in the 1930s?
Ronald Regan.

Who was the first daughter of a U.S. president to pose nude for a Playboy video?
Patti Davis.

Who revealed that the U.S. had a hydrogen bomb in his last State of the Union speech?
Harry S. Truman

What former president was on an African hunting trip when his enemy J. P. Morgan quipped: "Let every lion do his duty"?
Theodore Roosevelt.

President Andrew Johnson purchased Alaska from Russia in 1867.

Who was the first President to live in the White House?
President John Adams.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Ronald Regan.

President Andrew Johnson purchased Alaska from Russia in 1867.

Laughing oops....I should have paid more attention to the date- 1930's and realized roosevelt was dead.

RIght.... I guess I was thinking McKinley because of Mt. Mckinley.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Speaking of Presidential trivia, I knew a guy who was arrested for assassinating JFK.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:55 am   Reply with quote         

Speaking of jokes

Did you guys hear that after Chief Justice John Roberts & Obama goofed in the original oath, they re-did it yesterday?

after which Obama joked to the press corps about how they would all now have to attend all the inaugural balls again. Laughing

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:21 am   Reply with quote         

Under Hopes & Dreams... I give you another Philinthecircle

Comedy: Robin Williams

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:28 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Under Hopes & Dreams... I give you another Philinthecircle

Comedy: Robin Williams

Not only is the election over, but he aint even the president anymore, and here you are still
be a petty little ^%$^%$^%.
Hope, and change. Your actions bespeak your lies.

TheShaman

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:

Not only is the election over, but he aint even the president anymore, and here you are still
be a petty little ^%$^%$^%.
Hope, and change. Your actions bespeak your lies.

WTFuck
Shocked what the heck are you on about scion, really? you're not calling me a petty little ampersand and a liar?!? are you seriously?! Evil or Very Mad

ScionShade

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:15 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL,
I'm playing w/ ya ...mostly.
In truth though, I mean comon, get over Bush.
You guys keep talking this love,love,joyjoy hope, and change bit,
but can't stop with the barbs at Bush, and conservatives.
You guys keep talking about bringing everyone together, and finish every sentence with an insult directed at those who are not welcome or considered part of your 'everyone'.
I know Robin Williams is a comedian. I loved the guy. I thought he was the awesome in awesome until I saw that video.
Now I have zero respect at all for the man. His little
play acting as if he were Obama acting like a 'real' black man
was offensive, albeit sugar coated, it was an irresistible direction for him to go. I've heard some very funny race jokes in my life, horribly offensive, but funny, and I never repeated them, often rebuked the teller, and never show it around to all my friends.
What really offends me the most is the attitude of liberals on this subject across the board.
Liberals will automatically respond that I am overreacting,
and usually go on to describe the exact measurements of the stick up my arse. Before you do that, start paying attention to how it is unacceptable to portray, in humor, Pres. Obama as
an elitist Harvard snob.

ReinMan

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:39 pm   Reply with quote         

FOR GOD's SAKE, SOMEONE GIVE SCION A HUG!

HE NEEDS TO FEEL THE LOVE DIRECTLY, PEOPLE!!!!!

(I'd hug him myself, but you see HE's a GUY, and I'M a GUY so... well, you know. Rolling Eyes I'm also Canadian... um, so... one of you girls should maybe hug him? Ok? Ok.)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - We wish you well - Reply to topic