Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - 3000th CONTEST REUNION CONTEST CONTEST - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TheShaman

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
I guess, if you need to get pissed, then get pissed at me.

I'm not unhappy with the entries here, just was surprised that I didn't see some more people. sorry brother.

it wasn't meant to offend you, and all the hard work you did. I therefore apologize for making it do so. Confused

Im not pissed at you Im pissed with all of us.

How many people diod you send emails/pms to about the contest
or
How many other people make an effort to contact others to let them know...none is my guess.

We are killing this place because we are lazy and don't want to do the hard work to kick it back into what it can be...and that saddens me... nougth said by me before the mob gets here and starts hitting me on the head Im out.

well it goes both ways bro. you make me feel like shit for making you feel like shit. when all I was doing was saying I was surprised there weren't more big guns (I used the pun cause we got cannons as sources) supposed to be a joke Rolling Eyes

Like you just said it should have been huge.
thats all I was saying.
I don't know ANY of the old timers, I can't get a hold of any of these people. All I could do was participate. Which I did.
I also asked everyone here I knew if they were participating.

Had I known I had to run through the streets naked (again) with a Reunion Contest banner on my arse to get the word out, I would have!
lé sigh.

rockyjob

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:31 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
You know what, I did the best I could with this contest, and it pisses me off to read comments like this about how there was no big guns or old timers or mass emails.

We do the best we can ya know, don't know why we bother.
With regards to mass emails/pms, last I was told, we don't have that facility or if we did its controlled by the boss...

Blue, you dedicated yourself a lot and did the best you could. And you shouldn't let these things get to you, because most of the time they aren't even directed at you. I didn't say: I'm disappointed at you blue. Hell No! I'm disappointed at the lack of organization coming from proc and lack of entries; for this special contest we could all take some time and at least try to chop something (even if nothing comes from the oldies). I know we have much more than 31 active advantage users who know about this contest. Just sayin'

blue_lurker

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

You guys are missing the point.
Its not about me or even this contest its about getting people back here at PSC...this contest should have been advertised all over PSC yeah emails should have been sent...but the best thing that could have happened was members getting other members to chop get involved like a community should.

I give up, I think its to late and Im just flogging that old dead horse I always flog...

TheShaman

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:43 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

We do the best we can ya know, don't know why we bother.
With regards to mass emails/pms, last I was told, we don't have that facility or if we did its controlled by the boss. I have no control over anything here Im just like you guys so to those that bitched about how disorganised it all was, next time why don't you get off ya ass and lend a helping hand, instead of emailing me and telling me what I should do to improve things OK

exactly, its not that you were disorganized, its that proc doesn't seem to have the same thumbprint as JMH had on this site. THAT right there is the problem.

That is what we're all bitching about. Not bitching cause you tried to get something going OR saying you're disorganized. And like I've already said a dozen times, those who participated did a great job.

I understand you put a lot of effort into this, and you're disappointed as well. I can feel that. But don't take it out on us, cause we're saying it. We didn't cause this problem. We participated. The only way to truly solve this problem is to either get a new owner, or have the owner we currently have "care" about his customers. In the end, yes, we're a community, but we're also paying customers.

I'm not exactly saying he doesn't care because I don't know the guy. BUT it sure isn't the same as it was before.

supak0ma

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:43 pm   Reply with quote         

mate, in the end it is in the ownership's best interest to propagate news like this, it's not our fault...

Micose

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

no comment.

TheShaman

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
no comment.

liar! Laughing

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Why is it called the 3000th contest?

First contest is dated December 2, 2001
Today is November 10, 2009

Excel's fancy math counts 2930 days between these two dates.

TheShaman

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:23 pm   Reply with quote         

flashforward?

so we really have 70 more contests till the 'real 3000th contest reunion'? is that what you're saying? Shocked

don't tell blue, he's already sad enough as it is...

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:29 pm   Reply with quote         

There should be a re-do reunion for the actual 3000th contest on January 18, 2010. Mark your calendars.

The contest database number is 3003, but we found a lot of 'missing' numbers while keeping up with the "1,2,3,4,5 years ago" thread, e.g. the contest the day after 1909 is numbered 1921, 1910 through 1920 are not valid numbers.

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Mass email or not, I wasn't participating this time.

I knew about this contest from the beginning, I saw the thread and red the comments time to time, and I really wanted to chop something. I was well informed.

But as usual, I was short in time... anyway I tried few hours to work on 2-3 ideas and I finally failed. Nothing good. I didn't try to turn it upside down like Al (I already tried it before and I don't like coming back with same ideas again and again Laughing ) but I wasn't comfortable with the source. I don't like that kind of source... sure I was able to do a well executed boring entry... but last night at 2PM without a good idea, I preferred to go to sleep. So I fell sorry & disappointed... but I'll chop soon... there's some good sources.

BTW, good luck on the Reunion contest! Some good chops! Smile

JORDAN792

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Cant we all just get along? I had been away for a couple months and this contest was the first thing I saw when I came back... I think it was well organised... You cant be mad if your not around enough to find out about these things... anyone that comes here consistantly knew about the contest, and those who didn't know...well... should either come around more often or dont get upset when things like this happen. Job well done to everyone who organised it!

TheShaman

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Jordan, I don't think anyone's really mad... well I can't really speak for 'everyone'.

I think some were just disappointed. BUT there is always next time, good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise.

rockyjob

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
There should be a re-do reunion for the actual 3000th contest on January 18, 2010. Mark your calendars.

The contest database number is 3003, but we found a lot of 'missing' numbers while keeping up with the "1,2,3,4,5 years ago" thread, e.g. the contest the day after 1909 is numbered 1921, 1910 through 1920 are not valid numbers.

That would be fine with me
Actually I'd love it...Redo!

rockyjob

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:05 pm   Reply with quote         

JORDAN792 wrote:
Cant we all just get along? I had been away for a couple months and this contest was the first thing I saw when I came back... I think it was well organised... You cant be mad if your not around enough to find out about these things... anyone that comes here consistantly knew about the contest, and those who didn't know...well... should either come around more often or dont get upset when things like this happen. Job well done to everyone who organised it!
Jordan it's not about people not being here, its about them not trying to do something...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - 3000th CONTEST REUNION CONTEST CONTEST - Reply to topic