Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Getting Started - Reply to topic

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Being the fact that I have always enjoyed drawing, I became interested in learning more about Photoshop. I thought it would be great to give some of my drawings a sense of reality by using photography. Right now I'm trying to figure out the basics to get started and need someone who can somewhat keep it simple enough for a beginner to understand. I have questions like: Is your source material HD? Do you pay for it or is it free from specific sites? Where do you get source photos? Any tips or websites that can help? Thank you!

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:22 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome to PSC!

I know that some of the sources come from people like me who submit them, then they are accepted or rejected, then put into a pool that pics 5 per day advantage members vote on.

I have submitted a few, and all were accepted.

One of the biggest things about photoshop is practice practice, and do it a lot. Learn short cut keys, saves a lot of time.
If you can get a tablet, then grab one up, makes life a lot easier.

All you gotta do is start chopping some sources up and enter the contests, then you can also ask in the right place on the forums, and many of the nice peeps here will do what they can to help.

you can learn a lot in here, and grab up an advantage membership when you feel your going to stick around a bit. its kind of like paying a few bucks to learn mega amounts of stuff from some of the most talented people around.

Pull up a chair, fire up photoshop and start learning..

We can tell you stuff all day long, but the best teacher is your experience, and you can get a lot in here. Some will critique your work either in the votes, comments or via PM which can help a lot.

I hope to see you in the contests.. they are free by the way, advantage members get an insite of future contests and can enter earlier as well as larger images, but you can still do it free too if you like. I started free and only recently went advantage.

Have fun Smile

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:59 am   Reply with quote         

As far as additional images, some people take their own if possible, but there are free stock sites out there. HEre is a useful link page from another site.

http://www.pxleyes.com/resources/

But Sid's advice is very valid, just start chopping and asking questions. There are good tutorial here on the site and you can google tons more all over the web, but if you google fun with Photoshop it will bring you right back here.

anfa

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:09 am   Reply with quote         

anfa

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:31 am   Reply with quote         

Martrex

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Also for start-up tuts do a search for photoshop 101 tutorials and they go from beginning of tools etc and then work your way up.
Images to use as add-ons for chops Google images is a good source as well as the others like morgue etc.

Have fun! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Getting Started - Reply to topic