Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - AVATAR - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

VillageBicycle

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:50 pm   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:

Yep....ditto that.
In the end..you can't really expect much "heady" material from a Cameron film. He is an admitted Hollywood filmmaker. Myself, I don't care for many of his movies...but he is damn good at make'n a blockbuster that you don't need to think about...just watch.

*!*

This seems to be turning into a hate thread.

Yes it is for the masses... I agree it is not an intellectual film but it is entertaining as F---

When you watch a movie whether it be in a theater or off a dvd or downloaded you have accepted an unwritten contract allowing the director to tell you a story.

Most of us go to the movies to be entertained i certainly do. Cameron's movies and many others like LOTR trilogy, Starwars, etc ....are among the best for that.

"on the sauce" so i am ranting a bit off topic
If I want informative or something to stimulate my intellectual side I usually check out documentaries ... and many I have seen but never in the theater. The last docs I've seen are:

Addicted to plastic (torrent)
Kind of student filmey but worth a watch, has some interesting facts.

Food Inc. (torrent) (nominated for an oscar)
we are all just sheep...eat it

Collapse (torrent)
One mans apocalyptic vision of the future, spanning the crises in economics, energy, environment etc...

/end rant
cheers!

arcaico

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:59 pm   Reply with quote         

VillageBicycle wrote:
Most of us go to the movies to be entertained i certainly do. Cameron's movies and many others like LOTR trilogy, Starwars, etc ....are among the best for that.

WOWOWOW!!! Easy, boy!!! Don't ya dare comparing Star Wars to Cameron's bullshits and Jackson's reigns of boredom...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

VillageBicycle

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:03 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

WOWOWOW!!! Easy, boy!!! Don't ya dare comparing Star Wars to Cameron's bullshits and Jackson's reigns of boredom...

why?

ticket sales....yeah.... i guess Cameron tops them. but i have still seen star wars more then any other film Wink

blue_lurker

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

VillageBicycle wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
Im with these guys very disappointed Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down

very disappointed ... ? That's it?

I was hoping to hear a reason or something to enlighten us why. Maybe it was over hyped and failed to meet your expectations, similar to me when I read your post Razz

Um its just a movie ya know...I think you need to get out more and live life...you sound a little consumed with all this movie stuff...read a book in th esunlite and see how long it takes you to forget the book and enjoy the sun. Very Happy

VillageBicycle

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:18 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

Um its just a movie ya know...I think you need to get out more and live life...you sound a little consumed with all this movie stuff...read a book in th esunlite and see how long it takes you to forget the book and enjoy the sun. Very Happy

Funny coming from someone who has "I had a life once and then I discovered Photoshop" as a favorite quote in his profile.

I am in film production -_- so I am consuming everything I can about films, film are my life, I enjoy discussing them and FYI I last read David Mamet: True and False, and also John Sanford's Winter Prey (I get enough sun on the outdoor film shoots). Regardless, I was hoping for interesting critique about Avatar as you clearly dislike it, but you seem to have taken it the wrong way and chose to attack me personally. I am sorry you feel this way.

I respect your opinion, but I would respect it more if you backed it up a little.

the burning couch

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:29 pm   Reply with quote         

VillageBicycle wrote:
the burning couch wrote:

Yep....ditto that.
In the end..you can't really expect much "heady" material from a Cameron film. He is an admitted Hollywood filmmaker. Myself, I don't care for many of his movies...but he is damn good at make'n a blockbuster that you don't need to think about...just watch.

*!*

This seems to be turning into a hate thread.

Don't get jumpy. Where did you get hate out of anything I said?

*!'

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:51 pm   Reply with quote         

VillageBicycle wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

Funny coming from someone who has "I had a life once and then I discovered Photoshop" as a favorite quote in his profile.

I am in film production -_- so I am consuming everything I can about films, film are my life, I enjoy discussing them and FYI I last read David Mamet: True and False, and also John Sanford's Winter Prey (I get enough sun on the outdoor film shoots). Regardless, I was hoping for interesting critique about Avatar as you clearly dislike it, but you seem to have taken it the wrong way and chose to attack me personally. I am sorry you feel this way.

I respect your opinion, but I would respect it more if you backed it up a little.

Yep ok then what every you want mate.
Enjoy ya self. Hope you find the response you expected, soory if you beleive I attacked you personally I thought the smiley face sorta put it in th ejoke section of life but I guess not.

Apologise for that, but not for my opinion. I still beleive its just a movie its not going to change the world or save lifes its pure entertainment nothing more nothing less, and as entertainment it was a crap storu and the special effects were disapointing, my imagination can construct better special effects when I read a book and I like them more becasue there just for me. I understand your passion but becasue you dont get the response you expect is no reason to lable peoples opinions as hate. We all have the right to have an opinion as do you so chill out and take what you want from this and dont use it as a method to get a response you expect.

Oh and dont feel you have to reply becasue I wont be comming back to this thread after this, if you feel you need to you can PM me Im fine with that. Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - AVATAR - Reply to topic